Experience Excellence at Ashton Sixth Form College
We are the only college and sixth form in Tameside to achieve a recent Ofsted rating of ‘Good’
The following comments by Ofsted sums up our position as the best provider of post 16 education in the borough:
At Ashton Sixth Form College “governors, leaders and staff have high expectations and ambitions for learners and successfully raise learners’ aspirations. Learners experience a strongly inclusive ethos in the college which recognises and celebrates the achievement of all. Teachers …. use their expertise and experience skilfully and create innovative and exciting activities to inspire learners”.
We are officially the best college in the area for A-Level and Vocational performance
Each year the Government releases their official national performance tables for schools and colleges – the results are in for 2017 and Ashton Sixth Form College comes out top in Tameside for both A-Level and Vocational performance. Not only do we have the largest number of students taking and completing A-Levels but they then outperform students who are studying at other institutions in the borough achieving on average one grade higher at on A-Level and Vocational courses.
Read more here
We are an award winning college for college/school partnerships
We have been recognised for the outstanding partnerships that we have with schools in the borough and the exceptional support that we give to ensure smooth transition for pupils from school to college. Our recent Association of Colleges Beacon Award win acknowledges the work of the A+ Trust, set up by the college and six partner schools in Tameside to raise attainment, aspiration and achievement and has been a key model of improvement for the local area.
Our students continue to prove that they can compete with the very best
Each year, Ashton Sixth Form College students have progressed to some of the most prestigious universities and on to some of the country’s most competitive Higher Apprenticeships. Here are a few examples from August 2016:
* Hannah Dyball - Achieved A* A* A* A A and progressed to The University of Cambridge to read History
* Furhan Altaf - achieved A* A* A* A in his A-Levels is going to The University of Cambridge to read Natural Sciences in September 2017
* Lucy Atkinson - achieved AAA and progressed on to a highly competitive four year Higher Apprenticeship with Rolls Royce.
* Abhay Sharma - achieved A*AA and progressed to The University of Leeds to study Chemical & Nuclear Engineering
* Luke McCormick – progressed on to a highly competitive Grant Thornton School Leaver Programme, followed by a placement on the Access Accountancy scheme.