Sport Awards 2016/17
27 June 2017
Ashton Sixth Form College recognises outstanding contribution to college sports teams. ASFC Sports Teams highlighted six students who have created a real team atmosphere and excelled in sport enrichment this academic year.
Across the Men's Football teams and Men's Basketball team, students have shone in their skill and ability to represent the college across the country.
The Men's Football teams were crowned League Champions (2B) and also recently became North West College's Playoff Cup Winners. Men's football also came runners-up in the FA University & College County Cup.
Men's Basketball, coached by Manchester Giants, have shown an incredible transformation this season and have come a long way in their success and progression.
Ashton Sixth Form College offers a wide range of enrichment activities, of which students can sign up and take part outside of the classroom. Enrichment allows students to meet new people, develop exciting skills and stand out from the crowd. The Sport Enrichment Offer grows year on year, improving and evolving as student interests change and expand.
The winners of Ashton Sixth Form College's Sport Awards include:
- Lucas Greenidge: Sportsman of the Year
- Cole Mistry: First Team Player’s Player and Manager’s Player of the Year
- Jay Kershaw: Men’s Basketball Player’s Player of the Year
- Josh Desir: Men’s Basketball Coach's Player of the Year
- Lewis Loughman: Second Team Player’s Player of the Year
- Tom Taylor Jones: Second Team Manager's Player of the Year