Ashton XL - Support for High Achievers
Ashton Sixth Form College specialises in achieving the very best for all of its students. We are pleased to welcome the most academically able to apply to become part of our XL provision. We are committed to ensuring our most gifted students are stretched and challenged and relish their time with us.
To apply to be part of our Ashton XL scheme you must:
- Predicted to achieve 6 or more A/A*s OR be part of a Head Girl/Head Boy Team
- Complete a personal statement (the template for this is on the other side of this letter, please bring your completed statement with you to your interview)
- Participate in a successful interview with our dedicated XL team
Our XL students are placed in a dedicated XL tutor group to ensure that they are given bespoke advice and support. We want college life to be a stimulating, fulfilling and challenging experience which is underpinned by an emphasis on the future. The XL programme is designed to ensure that every single one of our XL students is equipped to compete successfully in any field; law, medicine, science, humanities, finance, politics, education and many more.
Progression to higher education is outstanding within the XL group, with 90% of students progressing to university and 70% progressing to Russell Group universities.
XL students have access to a unrivalled range of enrichment opportunities including:
- Specialist guidance on Oxbridge, Medical, Dentistry and Veterinary applications and admissions exams
- Mock Oxbridge interviews with tutors from Oxford and Cambridge
- Gifted and Talented conference
- Medlink three day conferences for Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Chemistry and Physiotherapy
- Residential course at Villiers Park Educational Trust, Cambridge
- Two day XL summer school
XL Trip to the University of Cambridge