Ashton Sixth Form College and The Heys Primary School are working in partnership to offer Forest School Training
Forest School is a long term holistic learning process that offers children, young people and adults, regular opportunities to achieve and develop self-confidence through hands on learning experiences. Sessions take place in a local woodland environment where the landscape itself adds to the experience of learning.
Forest School is complementary to learning in a traditional environment. Qualified practitioners trained with both practical and theoretical knowledge, facilitate sessions to gain personal outcomes for each participant. Forest school can be applied to all age groups and abilities, and can be linked to the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
On the level three course you will:
- Attend training days which consist of both theory and practical tasks.
- Run a Forest School programme in your chosen setting.
- Have a work-based assessment.
- Complete a portfolio for assessment.
- Receive ongoing support from your trainer through to portfolio completion.
- Have access to Cambium online resources and a half termly network meetings.
- Be able to attend a one day course completion workshop.
Who is the course for?
The accredited Level 3 Certificate in Leading Forest School is designed for those who wish to gain the knowledge and skills required to set up and run a forest school programme.
Please complete and return the enrolment form to confirm your place on the September 2020 course. If you have any questions please call 0161 666 8215 or email email@example.com.
Course DatesStart date: Monday 7th September 2020 Duration: 7 days