This course will provide you with an introduction to working with children from birth upwards giving you an overview of the real-world experience of a career in care. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in work placements in an early years or care setting.
This is a brilliant course if you wish to progress to a level 3 vocational course in Early Years Education or Health and Social Care. This course will give you hands on experience using work based training via a weekly work placement. With this experience you will observe how children learn and play whilst gaining an understanding how they grow and develop.
Mandatory Units may include
Creative play, Patterns of Child Development, Promoting Children's Development Through Play, Principles of Early Years Practice
Optional Units may include
Supporting Children’s Language and Literacy Development, Introduction to the Early Years Sector, Making Healthy Food Choices for Children, Use of ICT in Early Years
- Outstanding progression to Higher Education and employment
- Teachers are recognised experts in their field
- Students gain 750 hours on work placements in a range of childcare settings on Early Years Education
- Strong relationships with health, childcare and education providers in the area who support work placement and future employment opportunities
- Visiting speakers from employers and university providers
- Dedicated study areas with specialist learning facilities and equipment
- Strong links with the industry and the community ensures students learn the latest and most highly demanded skills
- An inclusive environment to suit all needs