This course is a fantastic opportunity to progress to Level 3.
Our facilities mirror those used in the creative digital media industry to ensure you gain outstanding relevant experience. With our close links with media organisations and local universities, you are in good hands.
You will gain a foundation of knowledge in media that will allow you to progress on to a creative career.
The Digital Technology and Multimedia department is home to dedicated editing suites, industry standard editing software, state of the art TV studio and professional recording, film and photography equipment. This practical approach to Media Production gives you access to these facilities to improve your practical, teamwork, technical and creative skills.
- Highly skilled teaching staff bringing creative industry experience
- Mac-editing suites
- Dedicated TV and Film Studio
- Access to state of the art equipment
- BFI workshops and residential
- Enrichment, trips and visits including Ashton TV, annual trip to New York, Home cinema, Coronation Street studios, Harry Potter studios
- The Georges: Awards ceremony showcases work and skills to professionals
- Ashton Talks: Visiting Speakers from industry including the BBC, Picture Lock Productions, producer Rony Ghosh and Graphic Motion Designer Michael Pettyt