With links to Media City, this course puts you in the centre of one of the world’s most creative industries. Cinema screens, televisions, mobiles – you’ll explore the ever-changing visual world.
This full time vocational course gives you access to purpose built studios and hands on experience with professional equipment. You will explore video, animation and production across a range of areas, from music to advertising. You will also explore screen writing, communication, research and design with TV, studio and film.
The Digital Technology and Multimedia department is home to dedicated editing suites, industry standard editing software, state of the art TV studio and professional recording, film and photography equipment. This practical approach to Media Production gives you access to these facilities to improve your practical, teamwork, technical and creative skills.
Each year, students' work is celebrated at the Georges, an awards ceremony that highlights teamwork, creativity and passion for producing, writing or creating.
Animation Production, Set Design for media productions, Special effects for TV and Film, Graphic Design for Media Production, Visual Effects for TV and Film, Social Media Products
- Mac-editing suites
- Dedicated TV and Film Studio
- Access to state of the art equipment
- Work placement opportunities
- Highly skilled teaching staff bringing creative industry experience
- BFI workshops and residential
- Enrichment, trips and visits including Ashton TV, annual trip to New York, Home cinema, Coronation Street studios, Harry Potter studios
- The Georges: Awards ceremony showcases work and skills to professionals
- Ashton Talks: Visiting Speakers from industry including the BBC, Picture Lock Productions, producer Rony Ghosh and Graphic Motion Designer Michael Pettyt
This course provides you with the opportunity to progress on to Higher Education, employment or further training. Our students have progressed to:
Video Content for Social Media at Staffordshire University
Media Promotional Culture and Advertising at the University of Huddersfield
Film and TV Production at The Manchester College
Event Management at Leeds Beckett University
Digital Media at the University of Salford
Television and Radio at the University of Salford
Employment at GOVDATA as a Digital Marketing Executive and Graphic Designer