If you have a strong desire to pursue a career within the growing field of music technology or sound recording, this course will help prepare you for employment in media, gaming and sound design as well as traditional sound engineering and composition pathways.
An extended diploma where you’ll study a range of recording methods including, live and close microphone capture, acoustics, midi sequencing and event management.
You will have access to the purpose built Performing Arts department facilities; mac editing suites, 24-track music recording studio, practice rooms, performance theatre, and equipment. The Performing Arts department is a creative hub and our experienced team with current industry experience holds a wealth of knowledge.
Listening Skill for Music Technologists, Music Production Techniques, Planning and Delivering a Music Product, Sequencing Systems and Techniques, The Sound and Music Industry.
Acoustics for Musicians, Arranging Music, Composing Music, DJ Performance Techniques, Audio Engineering Principles, Music and Sound for the Moving Image, Music Technology in Performance, Live Sound Techniques, Sound Creation and Manipulation, The Music Freelance World, The Functional Music Keyboard. Composing & Sequencing, Planning For A Career In Music, Radio/Podcast Production, Selling Recorded Music, Composing For Adverts and TV, Studio Sound Recording
- Professionally experienced staff including DJs and producers previously worked with Rizzle Kicks, an actor, director and writer, dance choreographer working with Torque Youth and Raptures Youth Dance Companies and a professional cellist
- 150 seat performance theatre, Music practice room and large Dance studio with sprung floor
- State of the art sound and audio visual equipment
- Recording studios with cutting edge digital desks
- Mac suites for music composition and technology
- Annual New York trip
- Annual Music Festival
- Regular theatre trips
- Acting, singing, dancing and DJ workshops
- College show productions