In partnership with City in the Community, the Sports Coaching and Development course is a BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport. Alongside your passion and dedication for the sport, you will gain a foundation of knowledge focussing on the football industry to enhance your skills and understanding of the sport to a high level.
This course particularly suits those wanting to enter employment in the sport and active leisure sector as sports coaches, instructors and leaders who have a real passion for football. It is also ideal for those wishing to progress to higher education to study a sport related degree such as coaching, sports development and sports science. Alongside the academic aspect of the course, you will have access to quality coaching to enhance your football skills and playing ability.
As a student on the Football Coaching course, you will play in the City in the Community BTEC leagues alongside playing in national cup competitions.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma consists of a variety of different topics. These may include:
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Developing Coaching Skills
- Applied Coaching Skills
- Research Project in Sport
- Sport Development
- Self-Employment in Sport and Physical Activity
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Testing
- Sports Psychology
Course specific entry requirements
- Links with City in the Community
- 5+ acres of outdoor sports fields
- Dedicated multi-purpose Sports Hall
- Multi-functioning pitches
- College sports teams