COURSE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER 2023
This course is equivalent to 3 A Levels, blending industry placements with college-based learning. The unique approach to T Level courses ensures you gain access to quality teaching and an incredible amount of real life experience.
On this T Level course you will develop an understanding of:
- how digital technologies impact business
- the ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- using data in software design
- using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- emerging technical trends, such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Blockchain, 3D printing
- legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- the privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- the technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- planning digital projects
- testing software, hardware and data
- digital tools for project management and collaboration
You will develop the skills to:
- analyse a problem, understand user needs, define requirements and set acceptance criteria
- design, implement and test software
- change, maintain and support software
- work collaboratively in a digital team
- discover, evaluate and apply reliable sources of knowledge
- work within legal and regulatory frameworks when developing software
This course is a T Level. To find out more about the T Level programmes at Ashton, click here.
Students who study a T Level in Digital design, production and development, gain excellent experiences on placement, supported by in classroom learning.
This course would suit students who want to progress on to a career in software, production and design. Roles could include web developer, web designer, IT business analyst, software developer, digital marketer and more.
Students can also progress on to a related higher-level apprenticeship or degree course.