This course is equivalent to 3 A Levels, blending industry placements with college-based learning. The unique approach to T Level courses ensures you gain access to quality teaching and an incredible amount of real life experience.
On this T Level course you will develop an understanding of:
- the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- child development
- how to support children and young people’s education
- safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- understanding and managing behaviour
- observing and assessing children and young people
- equality and diversity
- special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- working with parents, carers and wider families
- working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- reflective practice and other forms of professional development
You will also choose to specialise in:
- early years education and childcare
- assisting teaching
- supporting and mentoring students in educational settings
Course specific entry requirements
This course is a T Level. To find out more about the T Level programmes at Ashton, click here.
Students who study a T Level in Education and Child Care, gain excellent experiences on placement, supported by in classroom learning.
This course would suit students wanting a career in early years education, childcare or assisting teaching. Roles could include nursery worker, teaching assistant, learning mentor, special educational needs teaching assistant, to name a few.
Students can also progress on to a related higher-level apprenticeship or degree course.