Business explores the fascinating way our world operates. The way we live our lives is heavily influenced and impacted by the business and economic world around us. Business courses at Ashton Sixth Form College include A-Levels in Accounting, Business and Economics, as well as vocational courses in Business. These courses will develop your understanding of the business sector and improve your independent learning, research and analytical skills, allowing you to apply these to real life scenarios.
The Business department have established a series of links with various global employers, providing students with a breadth of access to the likes of Ernst & Young and Grant Thornton. Gaining work-related experience and first-hand knowledge of these big employers is key to the success of the department in which students progress on to some of the top university degrees and higher apprenticeships across the country.
- Work placement opportunities
- Highly skilled teaching staff with industry experience
- Innovative teaching and techniques
- Course content tailored to leading requirements of top academics
- Visiting Alumni from industry
- Outstanding progression to Higher Education, apprenticeships and employment
- Mock Assessment Centre preparation
- Careers talks in Accounting (Ernst and Young) and Investment Challenge (Economics)
- Young Enterprise Programme developing entrepreneurial skills
- Trips to universities