*If this is your first full Level 3 qualification, the course may be free for you subject to availability.
You will need support from a professional within the real-world environment who will be required to complete professional development records.
The course is structured around four themes:
- Theme 1: Health and Well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
To complete the course you would need to complete 23 units
Placements should be undertaken in at least 2 different settings to cover the following age ranges:
|0 to 1 year 11 months||25|
|2 to 2 years 11 months||133|
|3 to 5 years||192|
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for those learners, in paid or voluntary employment in an early years education and care role with children from birth to 5 years.
Why study an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care?
This is an 18-month programme delivered at the college. On completion, you can progress to the Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner.
- It is recommended that you hold a Functional Skills qualification at level 2 or a GCSE Grade C or above in English and maths.
- You must be in either paid or voluntary employment in the early years setting for a minimum of 1 full day per week.
- It is recommended that you have a minimum of 6 weeks of experience in the early years setting prior to starting the course.
Please contact the Admissions Team by calling 0161 666 8215 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Start date: September 2021 Duration: 18 Months|