Our XL programme is designed to ensure that our most able learners are given the support and encouragement to achieve success. As an XL student, you will be pushed to reach your full potential.
The Ashton XL programme is for high-achieving students. Once you enrol at Ashton Sixth Form College, students who meet the XL entry requirements will join an XL tutor group. This tutor group will provide you with an extensive range of support and opportunities. Through a range of activities, events and your dedicated tutor, you will be best prepared to apply to some of the most competitive and prestigious universities and higher apprenticeships.
Those students who want to progress on to Oxford, Cambridge and other highly regarded Russell Group Institutions do extremely well on the XL programme.
Students on the XL programme benefit from:
- Specialist advice and guidance at enrolment
- Dedicated tutor groups
- A bespoke tutor programme
- Exclusive range of enrichment/preparation activities
- Admissions tests preparation
- Mock interviews
- Mock Oxbridge interviews with tutors from Oxford and Cambridge
- Careers and UCAS advice
- Oxford & Cambridge summer schools
- Summer school applications guidance (Oxford) and Sutton Trust (Cambridge)
- Residential course at Villiers Park Educational Trust, Cambridge
- Gifted and Talented Conference
- Medlink Conference for Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary, Science, Chemistry and Physiotherapy
- XL Summer School
- Opportunities to gain placements (including hospitals)