At the centre of both Sport and Public Services is people. Whether working with them or for their safety our world does not exist without the Sport and Public Service sectors.
Public Services affect each one of us covering health, criminal prevention, emergency services, the armed forces and welfare sectors. While Sport is a global phenomenon reaching all ages, genders and cultures, from coaching to fitness to rehabilitation.
- Work placement opportunities
- 5+ acres of outdoor sports fields
- Dedicated multi-purpose Sports Hall
- Multi-functioning pitches
- Guest speakers from Emergency Services including Greater Manchester Police and employers Active Tameside and Personal Trainers
- Visiting talks from the Armed Forces
- Home to the only Police Cadet Force in the North West
- Volunteering opportunities for all Public Services students
- College sports teams
- Enrichment including First Aid (HeartStart – RAF)
- 5 day Army residential
- Regular trips and visits to local gyms, sporting stadiums and the Imperial War Museum
- Policing and Criminal Investigation taster day at Staffordshire University