The Education and Health department develop the irreplaceable carers and educators of our society. Studying and working in the health, care and education sector is fast-paced, exciting and rewarding. The health and care sectors are also challenging, providing a vital level of support and responsibility to some of the most vulnerable members of our communities. Our teachers will share their vocational experiences working in the sector, to ensure that you are equipped to help others and professionally manage any difficulties you may face in your chosen profession.
Placements are a key part of your learning and throughout your time at Ashton Sixth Form College you will embark on various placements. Depending on your course, you may complete your placements in settings including schools, nurseries, hospitals, care homes or health centres. These placements will allow you to apply your classroom-based learning in a real world setting, improving your confidence and better preparing you for your future career.
As an Education and Health student you will join a community of students and staff who share similar goals and have a passion to help those around them when they need it most.
- Outstanding progression to Higher Education and employment
- Teachers are recognised experts in their field
- Students gain 750 hours on work placements in a range of childcare settings on Early Years Education
- Strong relationships with health, childcare and education providers in the area who support work placement and future employment opportunities
- Visiting speakers from employers and university providers
- Dedicated study areas with specialist learning facilities and equipment
- Strong links with the industry and the community ensures students learn the latest and most highly demanded skills
- An inclusive environment to suit all needs