Art and Design is a place where your creativity will thrive. The department offers a range of A-Levels including 3D Design and Technology, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography and Textiles, as well as a Foundation Year in Art and Design. The department offers an extensive range of opportunities, workshops, trips and visits, to allow you to develop your skills, confidence and technical abilities. You will benefit from innovative teachers who are working artists with countless years of experience teaching A Levels.
The department's home is a brand new purpose-built Art and Design Center, complete with specialist studios, digital suites, photography studio, dark room, heat treatment and ceramics room, outdoor terrace and unique work spaces.
View the Art and Design End of Year Show here
- 5 studios, specifically equipped for each specialist subject plus a professional photographic studio
- Digital labs
- Annual Art Show
- Guest artist led workshops
- Well-established links with universities and wider creative industries
- Regular trips such as Courtauld Gallery London, Manchester Gallery and Museum of Costume
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park visits
- End of Degree Show Visits
- Life drawing sessions
- Art Award scholarships
- Opportunity to progress to our one year Art Foundation Degree after completion of your A-Level programme
Your Art and Design Experience