The content covers the age range from birth to 5 years and includes the following areas:
- enabling children to learn
- promoting health and wellbeing
- special educational needs
- working with families implementing change
Learners will develop and use skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection as they complete the qualification through work-based learning opportunities.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for learners aged 18 and over who are currently employed as an Early Years Level 3 practitioner and looking to develop leadership and specialist skills for use in their current role, or in preparation to take on a specialist role such as a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator or a Physical Activity and Nutrition Co-ordinator.
It would also suit learners who want to progress to further learning to take on a position of leadership within the setting.
Why study an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care?
This qualification will prepare you for study at a higher level. If you would like information on any of our Higher Education courses, please call 0161 666 8215.
10 months (You can enrol anytime).
- You must hold a Functional Skills qualification at level 2 or a GCSE Grade C or above in English and maths.
- You must be employed in an Early Years setting at Level 3 to complete this qualification.
- You must hold a Level 3 Early Years/ Childcare qualification.
- You must be aged 18 years or over.
- You must successfully complete a written task prior to enrolment.
Please contact the Admissions Team by calling 0161 666 8215 or emailing email@example.com.
|Start date: September 2021|