Throughout this course you gain the knowledge to be successful in a career in the care sector. You will learn about the various care settings, as well as getting a chance to apply all you've learnt into a practical setting on work placements.
The level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is the perfect course for anyone wishing to work in the health and social care sector, whether that be through progression to University or gaining employment. With the majority of our learners achieving high grades there are numerous options available to you upon completing your course.
This full time course develops your subject knowledge through completion of your coursework whilst developing your practical skills in placement working in a range of settings within the care sector.
Effective communication in Health and Social Care, Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care, Health and Safety, Development through the Life Stages, Anatomy & Physiology, Sociology, Psychology.
Looking after Children and Young People, Safeguarding Adults, Public Health, Physiological Disorders, Health Psychology, Nutrition, Working in Healthcare, Health Education, Applied Psychology, Independent Learning.
- Outstanding progression to Higher Education and employment
- Teachers are recognised experts in their field
- Students gain 750 hours on work placements in a range of childcare settings on Early Years Education
- Strong relationships with health, childcare and education providers in the area who support work placement and future employment opportunities
- Visiting speakers from employers and university providers
- Dedicated study areas with specialist learning facilities and equipment
- Strong links with the industry and the community ensures students learn the latest and most highly demanded skills
- An inclusive environment to suit all needs
This course provides you with the opportunity to progress on to Higher Education, employment or further training. Our students have progressed to:
Child Nursing at the University of Salford
Adult Nursing at Manchester Metropolitan University
Mental Health Nursing at the University of Hull
Psychology and Criminology at Edge Hill University
Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Salford
Adult Nursing at The University of Manchester
Criminological and Forensic Psychology at the University of Bolton
Early Years and Childhood Studies at Manchester Metropolitan University
Health & Social Care at University of Central Lancashire
Social Work at the University of Leeds
Mental Health Nursing at Leeds Beckett University
Operating Department Practice at the University of Huddersfield