Throughout this course you gain the knowledge to be successful in a career in the care sector. You will learn about the various care settings, as well as getting a chance to apply all you've learnt into a practical setting on work placements.
The level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is the perfect course for anyone wishing to work in the health and social care sector, whether that be through progression to University or gaining employment. With the majority of our learners achieving high grades there are numerous options available to you upon completing your course.
This full time course develops your subject knowledge through completion of your coursework whilst developing your practical skills in placement working in a range of settings within the care sector.
Effective communication in Health and Social Care, Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care, Health and Safety, Development through the Life Stages, Anatomy & Physiology, Sociology, Psychology.
Looking after Children and Young People, Safeguarding Adults, Public Health, Physiological Disorders, Health Psychology, Nutrition, Working in Healthcare, Health Education, Applied Psychology, Independent Learning.
for 2018/19 entry
- Outstanding progression to Higher Education and employment
- Teachers are recognised experts in their field
- Students gain 750 hours on work placements in a range of childcare settings on Early Years Education
- Strong relationships with health, childcare and education providers in the area who support work placement and future employment opportunities
- Visiting speakers from employers and university providers
- Dedicated study areas with specialist learning facilities and equipment
- Strong links with the industry and the community ensures students learn the latest and most highly demanded skills
- An inclusive environment to suit all needs