This course is equivalent to 3 A Levels, blending industry placements with college-based learning. The unique approach to T Level courses ensures you gain access to quality teaching and an incredible amount of real life experience.
On this T Level course you will develop an understanding of:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
You will also learn about topics specific to health, including:
- understanding the healthcare sector
- providing person-centred care
- supporting health and wellbeing
- further knowledge of both human anatomy and physiology and of diseases and disorders
- infection prevention and control
Course specific entry requirements
This course is a T Level. To find out more about the T Level programmes at Ashton, click here.
Students who study a T Level in Health, gain excellent experiences on placement, supported by in classroom learning.
This course would suit students wanting a career in health and healthcare sectors. Roles could include working in a midwifery team or as an ambulance support worker among others.
Students can also progress on to a related higher-level apprenticeship or degree course.