Coronavirus response update - 25.06.20
Coronavirus response update 25th June 2020
No new updates today other than to repeat a few reminders:
We have had another successful day in college for those students invited to attend. We look forward to meeting those who have been invited over the next week or so.
Please remind your sons and daughters to only attend college if they have received an invitation. We cannot allow students onto site if they do not have a booked session as we are required to know who is on site for NHS Track and Trace purposes.
And a reminder to encourage your sons and daughters to watch the short video we have created about returning to college and read the list of ‘Dos and Don’ts’ before coming to college. The return to college documents can be found at https://www.asfc.ac.uk/student-life/college-reopening.
As we prepare for further changes to the rules we should all follow to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is more important than ever to adhere to the rules of social distancing, and hand and respiratory hygiene. The advice on this can be found at:
- What are the symptoms?: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- Social Distancing rules: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
- What you can and cannot do: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
- The use of public transport: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
- Track and trace: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
- Stay safe outside your home: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-safe-outside-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home#keep-your-hands-and-face-as-clean-as-possible
- Stay at home guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
The college is a safe place to return to; we have worked hard to ensure that any risk is minimised. The health and safety of all members of our college community is paramount. We look forward to meet some of our students over the coming days.
As I’m sure you are aware, Marcus Rashford’s campaign to change the Government’s decision not to provide free school meals vouchers over the summer period was successful. At the time of writing, we have not received guidance from the Department for Education about our eligibility for this scheme. In order to provide some stability and comfort for our free college meals students, we can confirm that we will continue to pay for free college meals over the summer break for those eligible students in the current A1 and Level 2 cohorts. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide free college meals for those students who would have normally left us at the end of this academic year.
That’s all for today
Take care, look after yourself, your families and each other; be patient and stay positive.