Amazing DTM students have achieved success after Ashton
The Digital Technology and Multimedia department at Ashton Sixth Form College has produced some amazing students that have gone on to do great things.
Our DTM department includes a range of courses, which are: Video Games Production, Film Studies, Media Studies, Information Technology (IT), and Media Production. Studying these subjects at ASFC gives students access to quality equipment and technology. These include a TV studio, computer labs, an IT workshop, and more.
Here are some examples of our students and where they ended up…
Simrat Bala - Simrat studied at ASFC and has been in the camera crew of some big film/TV productions, including “The Durrells (2016)”, “Gone (2013)” and “No Mans Land”. He has also worked as a cinematographer for “Misread (2011.)”
Danielle Foster - Danielle studied an OCR Moving Image & Audio Production course at our college, and has now moved on to work in Film and TV production.
Joseph Aldgate - Joseph studied an IT Extended Diploma at ASFC and has now gone on to do an Apprenticeship with Greater Manchester Police!
There are also many students who have gone on to study a degree at university, some of which are:
- Abdul Malik - Has gone to Manchester Metropolitan University to study Digital Media and Communications.
- Damian Mydiak - Went to Manchester Metropolitan University to study Computer Forensics and Security.
- Amy Potts - Now studies at University of Huddersfield doing Media Studies.
- Molly Roodhouse - Studied A level Film Studies with us and now has gone to study Animation and Visual Effects at Falmouth College.
- Lauren Eaton - Went to University of Manchester to study Physics with Astrophysics.
- Emran Hamdu - Has gone to study Software Engineering at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Katie Morgan - Now studies at the University of Central Lancashire doing Sport and Exercise Science.
As you can see, the students in our DTM department move on to successful career paths, as we train our students to be prepared to go into the industry.
Our courses give students the opportunity to go on trips to big businesses. Some examples include our students going to: the Google Digital Garage, the Apple Store, and Cisco. This makes it likely for students to gain a place studying at university or to successfully secure a job within media or IT.
Former students Shannon Roscoe, Katie Morgan (pictured left), Molly Roodhouse (pictured top right), and Lauren Eaton (pictured bottom right)
Find out more about studying DTM subjects at Ashton here