A year of record breaking results for the class of 2022!
Ashton Sixth Form College are delighted to announce record-breaking results in this year’s A-Level and equivalent qualifications. Despite the significant disruptions experienced by the class of 2022 over the past two years, students achieved a near-perfect pass rate with more students than ever before in a normal examination series achieving the highest grades. These results in both A Levels and vocational qualifications show how well students managed to focus on their learning and their preparations for examinations in spite of the Covid challenges they faced.
- 99% pass rate across A Level and equivalent courses
- 100% pass rate for full time vocational courses
- Over 4/5 of vocational students achieved the highest grades of Distinction or Distinction*
- 43 courses with a 100% pass rate
- Almost 2/3 of A Level students achieved the most coveted A*-B grades
- More than 4 in 5 grades awarded were at grade C or above.
- Across A Level and equivalent courses, students notched up an impressive 1,356 A* and A (or equivalent) grades
- A record 9 students have confirmed places at prestigious colleges at Oxbridge
These outstanding results put Ashton Sixth Form College students in a fantastic position to take up the highest status and most competitive Higher Education courses and apprenticeship/employment opportunities.
- James Poff, Sam Seaborn and Rory Tyler all achieving their required grades to take up their places at Oxford and Cambridge to read Geography.
- Other Oxbridge applicants Aisha Benhamida, Robert Doherty, Melissa Lee, Emmie Coffey, Hannah Benson and Oliver Gaskell all secured their places making this year the most successful year ever for Ashton Sixth Form College Oxbridge aspiring students.
- Hannah McCormick (University of Durham to study Maths), Xara Broomhead (University of Durham to study Maths and Jessica Pinnock (MMU to study Maths) all achieving A* in Further Maths contributing to a record number of A* grades being achieved by Further Maths students in the colleges history.
- Rikin Mistry securing a place on a rare and highly competitive sponsored degree at The University of Manchester with Pricewaterhouse Coopers to study Business and Accounting.
- Robbie Evans achieved full marks in his EPQ (50 out of 50) which alongside A*A*A in his A Level subjects have seen him secure a place to study Law at The University of Nottingham.
Centre Principal, Lisa Richards, said
“I am immensely proud of what our students have achieved this year. They have demonstrated enormous resilience and determination in the face of the challenges and disruptions presented by Covid over the past two years, not only completing their courses but managing to produce the best set of grades ever achieved at the college in a normal examined year. What an accomplishment!
A huge ‘well done’ to all our 2022 leavers, and a big thank you to our students’ parents/carers for their invaluable and unwavering support. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful staff at Ashton Sixth Form College whose dedication, passion, professionalism and care have played a key role in our students’ success. Well done, class of 2022 – wishing you a bright and happy future”.