This course covers both financial and management accountancy strands, with an emphasis on building key skills required for either further study or entrance into the world of work. Topics range from key bookkeeping skills to the completion and analysis of complex financial statements.
Over the 2 year course students will study a wide range of accounting topics, including both financial and management accounting techniques. Students will study:
- The role of the accountant in business
- The accounts of a sole trader
- Partnership accounts
- Limited company accounts
- Auditing / verification
- Costing (marginal, absorption and activity based)
- Accounting concepts and international accounting standards
- Ratio analysis
- Completion of accounts from incomplete records
- Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
- The impact of ethical considerations
- Highly skilled teaching staff with industry experience
- Innovative teaching and techniques
- Course content tailored to leading requirements of top academics
- Visiting Alumni from industry
- Outstanding progression to Higher Education, apprenticeships and employment
- Mock Assessment Centre preparation
- Careers talks in Accounting (Ernst and Young) and Investment Challenge (Economics)
- Young Enterprise Programme developing entrepreneurial skills
- Trips to universities
Our past students studying this course have gone on to:
Lucy Akinson studied Maths, Further Maths and Accounting. Went on to an apprenticeship at Rolls Royce.
Jack Korny studied Maths, Further Maths and Accounting. Went on to work in Accounting at KPMG.
Ashley Hutchinson studied Economics, Business and Accounting. Went on to an apprenticeship Grant Thornton.
Luke McCormick studied Economics, Business and Accounting. Went on to an apprenticeship Grant Thornton.
Kieran Grogan studied Economics, Business and Accounting. Went on to Durham University.
Hannah Dawkins studied Finance, Mathematics and Accounting. Went on to Lancaster University to study Accounting, Finance and Mathematics.
Alexandra Riach studied Art, Maths and Accounting. Went on to Ernst and Young as a Trainee Audit Associate.
Course Key Details