This A-Level Law course provides you with a general overview of the English legal system. Students who take this course are passionate about learning about the way our country is operated from a legal perspective. You will gain an understanding about the structure and procedures of the courts and its personnel.
You will consider contemporary issues, exploring a wide range of interesting cases and Acts of Parliament to improve your knowledge, understanding and critical awareness of a whole range of issues affecting the legal system today.
You will cover a number of core legal areas including Criminal, Contract, Tort and Family Law.
You will explore a range of offences and possible defences that may raise at trial. You will gain an excellent understanding of rights and remedies and develop your communication and debate skills through class discussions on live issues.
As well as the academic side to the course, the Law department offer a fantastic enrichment opportunities such as visiting the Magistrates and Crown courts, an annual trip to Parliament in London and the opportunity to travel abroad with us. Recent trips have taken us to Rome, Athens and Barcelona.
Law is an excellent course to improve your skills in forming discussions, essay and reasoning. Many students who study Law progress on to legal professions, study Law or Law-related courses at university.
- Experienced teaching staff with subject specialist knowledge, some are chief external examiners
- Highest achieving Law course in the country for AQA
- Trip to Rome, Italy with Religious Studies, Philosophy and Law
- Work experience placements with global Law firm, Addleshaw Goddard, with opportunities at ITV, Manchester United, Manchester City, Adidas and The Cooperative
- Royal Courts of Justice and Parliament, London to witness “live” trials
- Only college outside London to work with Arts Emergency - a charity proving students with access to Arts and Humanities professionals
- Visiting Alumni talks
- Webinars with universities across the country