This Law course provides you with a general overview of the English legal system. You will understand the structure and procedures of the courts and its personnel. You will consider contemporary issues, exploring a wide range of interesting cases and Acts of Parliament, improve your knowledge, understanding and critical awareness of a whole range of issues affecting the legal system.
This course is a vocational course that is equivalent to an A-Level and would be studied on a Mixed Study programme. We also offer an A-Level Law course.
Throughout this course, you will gain an understanding of rights and remedies while also developing your communication and debate skills through class discussions on live issues.
As well as the academic side to the course, the Law department regularly provide students with the opportunity to go on enrichment. These have previously included visiting the Magistrates and Crown courts, an annual trip to Parliament in London and the opportunity to travel abroad with us. Recent trips have taken us to Rome, Athens and Barcelona.
Many students who complete their Law course progress on to university to study Law or Law related degrees.
- Experienced teaching staff with subject specialist knowledge, some are chief external examiners
- Highest achieving Law course in the country for AQA
- Trip to Rome, Italy with Religious Studies, Philosophy and Law
- Work experience placements with global Law firm, Addleshaw Goddard, with opportunities at ITV, Manchester United, Manchester City, Adidas and The Cooperative
- Royal Courts of Justice and Parliament, London to witness “live” trials
- Only college outside London to work with Arts Emergency - a charity proving students with access to Arts and Humanities professionals
- Visiting Alumni talks
- Webinars with universities across the country