Music Technology can be studied on two separate strands, either Music Production and DJ or Studio and Live Engineering.
If you have what it takes to be a successful artist, songwriter, producer or audio engineer, don’t miss this opportunity to develop your talents. You will learn to build your skills in sound recording, sequencing and mixing, applying them to a broad range of music styles and genres.
You will have access to the purpose built Performing Arts department facilities; mac editing suites, 24-track music recording studio, practice rooms, performance theatre, and equipment. The Performing Arts department is a creative hub and our experienced team with current industry experience holds a wealth of knowledge.
Modules in Music Production Techniques, Sequencing Systems and Techniques, Live Sound Techniques, Sound Creation and Manipulation, The Sound & Music Industry, DJ Performance Techniques, Delivering a Music Product.
Course specific entry requirements
- Professionally experienced staff including DJs and producers previously worked with Rizzle Kicks, an actor, director and writer, dance choreographer working with Torque Youth and Raptures Youth Dance Companies and a professional cellist
- 150 seat performance theatre, Music practice room and large Dance studio with sprung floor
- State of the art sound and audio visual equipment
- Recording studios with cutting edge digital desks
- Mac suites for music composition and technology
- Annual New York trip
- Annual Music Festival
- Acting, singing, dancing and DJ workshops
- College show productions