The media is now one of the most prevalent aspects of our society and you’ll gain an understanding of its important and relevance, as well as a greater understanding of its many forms and depth.
Throughout the course you will explore the way media is represented and received by audiences through its various forms, including marketing, music, advertising, video games, film or in print. You will also explore the varying media forms and products across television, mainstream media and online.
The Digital Technology and Multimedia department is home to dedicated Mac-editing suites, state of the art TV studio and professional recording, film and photography equipment. You will have access to these areas to improve your practical skills and get involved on enrichment such as Ashton TV.
Each year, students' work is celebrated at the Georges, an awards ceremony that highlights teamwork, creativity and passion for producing, writing or creating.
Component 1 Media Products, Industries and Audiences
omponent 2 Media Forms and Products in Depth
Component 3 Cross-Media Production (Coursework)
- Highly skilled teaching staff bringing creative industry experience
- Mac-editing suites
- Dedicated TV and Film Studio
- Access to state of the art equipment
- BFI workshops and residential
- Enrichment, trips and visits including Ashton TV, annual trip to New York, Home cinema, Coronation Street studios, Harry Potter studios
- The Georges: Awards ceremony showcases work and skills to professionals
- Ashton Talks: Visiting Speakers from industry including the BBC, Picture Lock Productions, producer Rony Ghosh and Graphic Motion Designer Michael Pettyt