Geography is so much more than knowing where the different countries are located on the globe.
By taking an A Level in geography you will understand the nature of the world and how this impacts on its human inhabitants. The complex interactions between physical processes and human activities will give you an unparalleled insight into how the world works. Covering topics varying from geo-physics to sociology taking in politics and economics on the way there are few other subjects that even attempt to understand such a broad range of elements.
Modules include Physical and Human Geography and Geographical Skills.
Physical and Human Geography
Physical Geography topic areas include: Plate Tectonics, Coastal Processes, Water Cycle and Water Shortage and the Carbon Cycle and the Energy Question.
Human Geography Topics include: Super Powers, Globalisation, Changing Places (Regenerating Places) and Human Health and Intervention.
Within this unit you will develop the use and application of a variety of geographical skills. These should broaden and deepen existing knowledge of skills.
Course specific entry requirements
- Experienced teaching staff with subject specialist knowledge, some are chief external examiners
- Outstanding Geography course with very high grades and pass rates
- Geography field trips
- Trips to Rome, Italy with Religious Studies, Philosophy and Law
- Only college outside London to work with Arts Emergency - a charity proving students with access to Arts and Humanities professionals
- Visiting Alumni talks
- Webinars with universities across the country